I spent a good part of the morning today at a Goals Setting workshop hosted by Kikki K. I went to one of their Happiness one in January and enjoyed it very much. The other reason that I love going to their workshop is, I get to come home with one of their beautiful journals. :)
Helle, who conducted this workshop is amazing and inspirational. I can relate so much with her when she told us a little about her life. When she was younger, she suffered from Anxiety and Depression and how she conquered it was pretty amazing. I am always amazed by people who have overcome Depression. They are my true heroes.
I always come out from workshops or seminars like this inspired and gearing to go. My only downfall is, I lack the motivation to keep it going. Helle gave me tools today to help me set my goals and reach them. I am capable of achieving my goals and I do have the tools to achieve it. So there is really no reason why I always lose steam before I achieve them right? Well.... not really...
I conclude that I have a couple of pitfalls:-
- I do not write them down as specific as I can. We learnt how to use the SMART way, more on that in another post once I learn as much as I can about it.
- Self doubt. Yep. I sure do know this one by heart. I spoke about how I am slowly learning how to love myself here.
- And lastly, procrastination. YEP. I am a big procrastinator. I plan and plan and plan and I sometimes don't end up doing what I plan to do because I procrastinate.
We were asked at the workshop "What our core values are?" and write them down. There was a sheet with a list of words that represents core values. The ones that jumped out at me today were Learning/Teaching, Nature and Balance. From your core values, you can set your goals up so there are less chances of you failing because it correlates to your core values.
There are some bits and pieces that I would like to note down and share:-
- Helle talked about the Rock Pebbles and Sand way to prioritise. I still need to read and learn more about this method.
- Every elite athlete will need to physically and mentally rehearse.
- What you focus on, grows.
- If it lights you up, you dont need anyone's approval
- Helle introduced me to an inspirational speaker called Louise Hay. I am already pinning her affirmations on Pinterest and also will be sharing her affirmations on my Facebook page.
I am still learning so I am still trying to tweak my process. If you have anything to share, please share them with me here or on my Facebook page. :)
Highlights of the week
- Autumn is finally here! Cooler days and nights means that I can save on electricity. HA!
- The Long Weekend. This means that I can experiment more on meal prep for the week.
- Discovering Smoothie bowls. If you follow me on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest, you will see that I have been pinning, sharing and taking photos of delicious smoothie bowls.